Saturday, June 09, 2007

Some multi form at long last

After taking a bit of a break from multis during May (I did play the odd one or three) I decided it was time to make a comeback...glad I did. I havn't played all that much this week as I've been busy with other things so have only played a handful of mtt's at most each night. I started the week off making the FT of the $16k on Betfair, only to frustratingly go out in 7th when I ran AJ into AQ. The following night I came 6th in the $11k on Betfair going when I reraised allin with 55 and was called by AK with A hitting on river, if I hold there im chipped up and id fancy my chances of winning it. I also came 4th in the $20k on Crypto on the same night, my exit hand escapes me for now so obviously I had no complaints lol. I've also been playing the $100k on Mansion but dont think I've got above my starting stack in 3 attempts lol.

On Thursday night I decided to download Blondepoker to have a look now that they were no longer on the Tribeca software which I hated. I saw a $7500 guarantee with $100 buyin due to start, so decided to give it a bash and duly won it for $2250 and FT'd in the $5k as well. Now when I have one decent result I tend to follow it with another and with the £100k on Crypto the following night I was hopeful!!

I started off pretty well and increased my starting stack from 4500 to 9300 just after the first break. Seeing KKx3 and QQx2 helped a tad. Then I did a chunk of my stack with KQ on KQT board, I should have passed to a check min-raise on the turn but couldn't help myself from calling and he had AJ for the nuts. From that point on I was toiling a little, and my run of cards had well and truly dried up. Thankfully I was getting most of my steals through so I was albe to keep my head above water, however eventually the blinds were starting to eat my up after I got re-raised a couple of times and had to pass. I managed to win 3 coinflips when all in which helped me survive but I just couldn't find the hand which would give me a decent stack...I was having to grind away.

Basically from 100 out I was shortstacked with only 20 paying but somehow I managed to make it despite being a little short on the bubble. I then managed to acquire chips when I re-raised allin with JJ on my BB and got called by KQ, a Q on flop looked to seal my fate but runner runner straight meant I was back in the game. That JJ was the only big PP I saw in the last 4.5hours of the tourney, I evidently had used all my cards up early doors.

I managed to make it on to the final table in 7th in chips and had to lay down 99 to a re-raise from a tight player which left me a bit short. I then passed 77 in my BB to a raise in MP as I didn't fancy racing at best. I then was able to shove from the SB and button to give my stack a much needed boost. However the end was nigh as on the next round with the blinds now 2k/4k I was toiling a little and a laggy player made it 16k from the cutoff, I have AJo in the SB playing 32k. I'm still not entirely sure about this but I push and he calls with 66, I miss and its game over and I cash for £2k. I got in through a £60 satellite so not a bad return. Bit sick though as I'd have fancied my chances of a big pay day had I been able to get some chips but it wasn't to be.

Anyways I'm off out to celebrate my birthday and no doubt spend some of my winnings.

Adios.

2 Comments:

Blogger david said...

few nice pay days there Bazza.
good work.

ed burger

9:40 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

ty mate

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home