Monday, January 22, 2007

Sunday Donations

I haven't played much poker of late mainly due to my head being in a mess due to an acrimonious break-up with my girlfriend, and seeing as I'm not the most mentally stable person at the best of times I figured it best to have a few days off to get my head in order.

I have only really played the odd multi with limited success. There have been no decent wins..but there should have been. Twice I pissed away a big stack with 20odd left in the £12k and £8k on Crypto to leave me shortstacked on the FT and subsequently finished 9th and 10th respectively. Its bad enough having to cope with outdraws never mind my own donkey moves but never mind.

Yesterday I did my usual Sunday donations. Played the £1m on stars and ran QQ into KK early doors which I should have got away from. UTG+1 raises and UTG+2 calls, I reraise from the button and the initial raiser calls and other guy folds. Flop is rags and I'm check raised all-in, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be shown AA or KK but I call anyway. The $15k on Betfair was going ok until I made a cracking call to a raise allin with 2nd pair as I was sure my opponent was drawing..he was..and he hit. The Crypto £40k went a bit better despite me getting no cards to speak of I managed to hang around and steal like a gypsy to keep my head above water before finally falling just inside the money when I re-raise a Laggy player allin with 88, obviously he has a hand this time (QQ) and I'm a goner. Standard Sunday really!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Keep positive mate, Comp wins in the past and cash in the WSOP means you can play. Try not to force it and get frustrated. If your mind aint on the game have a little break. Poker will still be there when you feel ok again.

Gl

Paul

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring back the £500 bonus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance of an update ffs?

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baz dont forget to back Kauto Star on the 16th at Cheltenham, a gift literally!!! War Of Attrition has been ruled out today.

Regards,
Paul McStay

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baz, im on a bit of a roll at the moment with 7 from 7 winning bets on a row placing bets on Ireland to beat England, Derby to win on Friday, Preston last night, Chelsea to beat Arsenal in the Cup game, laid Bolton v Balckburn and a few others. Anyway tonight lay Barcelona at Liverpool to make it 8 from 8!!

Regards

Paul McStay

2:25 PM  
Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Uppppppppppppppdddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

;)

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fucking typical Liverpool do me out, how the fuck they never scored is beyond me.

Paul McStay.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im back on track, laid Arsenal against PSV last night!!!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8 from 9 now, going for Newcastle tonight to beat AZ Alkmaar 1point at about 11/10/

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

9 from 10. Hartlepool to beat Lincoln tonight.

Regards

Paul McStay

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home