Thursday, May 03, 2007

When I said no multis...

.....I meant no flaming multis. But as I was playing the Dream Team multi last night I decided to play another couple as I don't like playing multis and SnG's at the same time. So I play the $20k or whatever it is on Crypto and the Betfair $16k. Crypto game was a bit of a non-event, went up and down and back up again.

However it was not all bad as I was going well in the $16k. I had chips, was feeling confident and playing well with 3/4 tables left. Then things started going tits up. I raise it up with AA and get a caller from SB flop 678 he checks and I bet half pot which he calls turn is a 9 and he bets pot which is roughly half of what I have left. I pass and he shows 97sooooted. I lose another couple of pots and from my peak of 30k im down to 17k as we are on the bubble when I pick up QdQc on my BB. The guy who had 97 earlier limps in cutoff (he liked a limp and was now chipped up), I raise it up to 3k (blinds 400/800) and limper calls. I see a 10 high flop all spades and jam my 14k into the 7k pot which he calls with Q9 spades for the flopped flush and its the bubble for me. Not sure I like the way I played the hand but think I go busto there regardless.

I was also going well in the DreamTeam with 20odd left before it went tits up as well and I eventually jam my 16k (800/1600blinds) with 44 and find KK and QQ behind me. 4 on flop is quickly followed by a K and I finish in 15th or something like that.

A night that promised much and delivered ride all...reminded me why I decided to stop playing multis though :)

1 Comments:

Blogger david said...

nice to see you back posting bazza.
gl.

Ed Burger

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home