Friday, January 05, 2007

Update and Review of 2006

Firstly, apologies for the lack of updates but I hadn't been playing much poker and I couldn't be arsed :-). 2006 ended as a bit of a damp squib as far as poker was concerned. I hardly played the last 3 weeks in December. I had been running bad and it was affecting my game so decided to take a few weeks off. That coincided with the darts starting so had plenty to keep me occupied, and I won a few quid as well which is always good.

I did play some of the big multis on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, with limited success. On the 24th, 10th in the Crypto £40k was the best I could muster, losing a big race with AKo v 88. On the 31st I cashed in the £40k again and was going nicely until I hit the self destruct button and donked my chips away with 9high :-). I also played a few hours of low stake NL cash as well with reasonable success. I may play more of this in the coming months.

As for 2006 as a whole one word springs to mind....underachievement. I really feel I should have done a lot better, particularly in the latter half of the year, however when I look back to where I was this time last year I have to be happy.

There were undoubtedly some highs, notably cashing in the WSOP, although eventually getting KO'd would be down there with the lows. I also had some decent MTT wins as well, although there should have been a lot more. Combination of bad luck, bad play and my propensity to hit the self-destruct button has definetly cost me at times.

As for the lows, the one that immediately springs to mind is the sick outdraw in Barcelona EPT. I've also been disappointed with my STT results, and I'm going to have a bit of a rethink on them in the forthcoming weeks.

All in all 2006 was a decent year and I believe the foundations to enable further success have been built. Heres hoping that 2007 yields that success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home