Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sick sick sick

My run of form at the moment makes me want to vomit. Its so bad its untrue and the really sick thing is I'm not playing all that badly. Admittedly past few days I had played with zero confidence but today I felt ready to go and felt sure today would be the day when I would turn things around. For the past week or so I have had an unbelievable number of 2nds and 3rds in 6paks and it has reached hair tearing out time. But today I was sure that I was going to get some breaks....I was wrong :-(.

I lasted the sum total of 5 games before I gave up, I had two 2nds and 3 bubbles to show for my efforts. Honestly I don't mind getting raped in the 1st hand but when it is constantly happening HU or on the bubble it hurts. I could easily have won all 5 games but had nothing to show for my efforts except another losing day. I started off with two bubbles, 1st one I got them allin pre with AKs v KQo for a 4k pot and lost. In the other I made a marginal call with A6o, other guy had 66 and held..fair enough, I then recovered back to 1500chips and jam with A9s from the SB, BB calls with J8o?!?!?! and KO's me. The temptation to tilt is building inside me but in going well in 3rd game so try to remain positive. I get HU but blinds are at silly level, other guy has been jamming virtually every time he is SB, with stacks level and blinds 300/600 I make a stand with K20, he has K60 but flop comes a friendly looking QQJ..turn 8..ok I'll take a split....river 6 :-(. Game 4 I get HU with roughly even stacks, we have a bit of jousting before he pumps on SB, I have AT and call he has 99 and flops a set, game over. Game 5, 3 left I have 1200 chips, big stack on button jams I call with AJs he has KJ and I lose. I have now won 1 of my last 27 6paks and it would be fair to say I'm a little peeved.

Apologies for boring you with all of that but 'tis tricky to try and remain positive when its losing day followed by losing day. By writing it down hopefully it will reinforce the fact that I'm not doing anything wrong and it will turn. I'm still making it to the final 3 as often as I was when things were going well, back then I was converting more than my fair share of them into wins, however past week or so I can't buy a win. Gotta take the good with the bad though I guess. Tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home