Friday, August 18, 2006

MTT win

Has been a while since I actually won a MTT but got the monkey off my back tonight. Took down the $50 FO on Pokerstars for $3.9k. I hit some decent hands early on and built up a stack and from then on never looked back. I reached the final table in good shape, about 3rd in chips, but then proceeded to lose 3 consecutive coinflips to a shortstack which put a big dent in my stack. The table however was pretty tight and I was able to get 2/3 raises through a round uncontested which helped me rebuild.

The shortstacks then started dropping off pretty quickly and soon we were 4-handed, during a break one guy suggested and even chop when the stacks were 145k, 140k, 85k and 80k. I was on 140k so my answer was a resounding no thank you LOL. Oh and the guy suggesting the even chop was the chip leader with 145k LMAO. I had no intention of dealing unless it was on very favourable terms as I had a big edge over the other three. So we carried on and I built my stack up to 190k when the shortstack moved in on the button for 50k (blinds 4k/8k) I call with 77, he turns over KTo and gets no help. I'm now playing a stack of 250k with the other two on 100k each. At this point I went into overdrive and started raising every pot applying maximum pressure. Eventually one of them finds a hand and plays back at me but by this point I have the chips to call I have A6s v AJ, I flop my 6 and go heads up with a 5 to 1 chip lead and it was all over in one hand. I have Q7 in BB, SB completes and flop comes QQJ, I check and he moves in with J8. Game set and match :-)

I had started the day intending to hammer some £60 6paks but after only managing a 2nd from my first four I decided I wasn't in the right frame of mind so took a break and came back refreshed for my MTT...looks like it worked.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WP bazza, your hittin some form lately!
btw u prob dont remember but u recomended stars as the best site for stt players a while ago on the forum. THANK YOU :) so much more poker play involved compared to the cypto stuctures, cheers.

honestjoe

5:49 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

TY mate. Glad to be of assistance :)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Very nice result, you're running well at the mo. Just make sure you take it into the EPT.

Paul

1:49 AM  
Blogger Highstack said...

Nice one Bazza great result mate.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home