Sunday, August 13, 2006

If at first you don't succeed....

I woke up this morning in a positive frame of mind despite last nights faux pas. Yeah I blew a golden opportunity of an EPT seat but I also knew that if I kept playing at that standard(with the exception of the last hand) I'd get other opportunities. I had 4 super sats lined up for tonight, the Macau on Betfair, the Crypto wide EPT and the CPC and WH Grand Prix on William Hill.

First thing was I was struggling to play effectively with all 4 tables running at once. 4-tabling STTs is one thing but MTTs are a different kettle of fish, but I was struggling along and actually got off to a decent start in the CPC. But things went sour when I lost a 5k pot with a set of tens, the villain hit his flush on the river. That crippled me and I struggled on for a while before bowing out in 11th. The WH Grand Prix I never really got going and died in 21st when my AK was bust by KT, I was short at the time so no real complaints.

The Macau sat also started slowly, only 16runners with one seat and cash for 2nd and 3rd. I made it to the final table (great achievement eh?? :-)) pretty short and never really got going at all until we were three handed. At this point I took control and set about reeling in the big chip leader it started well and my stack was building and then I find AK0 in the SB and make standard raise, BB (the chip leader) then makes an big re-raise effectively putting me all-in. My chips beat his into the pot and he turns over A6o...only to hit a gutshot straight on river. I win that pot I'm clear chip leader and odds on to win a seat but instead I pick up $400 for my troubles. I'm still going over to Cork to play in this as the legend Spudy won a seat a couple of weeks ago and I told him I'd play if I cashed in the WSOP, so its off to Cork I go :-).

So thats in effect two bubbles in consecutive nights...happy days!! But all was not lost as I was still running in the EPT sat, tonight there were 113 runners with 2 seats up for grabs. Again I started slowly, I think this was ue to having all 4 tables running as when I started busting out of the others I started to gather chips in this. It was only really when I got down to the last 20 or so that I managed to build up a "proper" stack getting a tasty double up when the SB decides to limp trap with KTo, unfortunately for him I'm going nowhere with my QQ.

The final table is soon upon us and like last night I go there as chip leader and this time I'm determined there will be no bubble. I don't recognise many of the other combatants and indeed Shaa is the only other person I know on the table. It starts off well and I'm basically being allowed to do as I please picking up small pots and blinds here and there to keep the stack ticking over. Then I pick up a nice pot when guy to my right who had been anteeing away since he got to the final table decides to jam from the button for 16k, I call from the SB with AK and I hold up (he had rags). We were 5-handed by the time of the break and I was 2nd in chips behind a clueless and classless clown to my left, so it was all still to play for. At this point I'm saying to myself "DO NOT THROW THIS AWAY BAZZA"...... I didn't :-)

We got three handed with the classless clown having a big chip lead and at this point I'd love nothing more than to see him bubble. I got my wish


Game #2175637853: Hold'em NL (800/1600) - 2006/08/13 - 22:10:00 (GMT)
Table "EPT 6600 Final 3173053 - 1" Seat 9 is the button.
Seat 5: shuffle10 (78010 in chips)
Seat 7: P.LeGuen (76370 in chips)
Seat 9: Ukpoker1 (128120 in chips)
shuffle10: posts the ante 200
P.LeGuen: posts the ante 200
Ukpoker1: posts the ante 200
shuffle10: posts small blind 800
P.LeGuen: posts big blind 1600
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to P.LeGuen [4d 4c]
Ukpoker1: raises to 4800
shuffle10: folds
P.LeGuen: calls 3200
----- FLOP ----- [As 4s 8h]
P.LeGuen: checks
Ukpoker1: bets 20800
P.LeGuen: raises to 71370 and is all-in
Ukpoker1: calls 50570
----- TURN ----- [As 4s 8h][7s]
----- RIVER ----- [As 4s 8h 7s][8c]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
P.LeGuen: shows [4d 4c] (A Full House, Fours full of Eights)
Ukpoker1: shows [Js 8s] (A Flush, Ace high)
P.LeGuen collects 153740 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot 153740 Main pot 153740 Rake 0
Board [As 4s 8h 7s 8c]
Seat 5: shuffle10 (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: P.LeGuen (big blind) showed [4d 4c] and won (153740) with A Full House, Fours full of Eights
Seat 9: Ukpoker1 (button) showed [Js 8s] and lost

A friendly river for once. Although it'd have been a travesty if that idiot had ever got to sit his arse down at a EPT event. He busted a few hands later and the seat was mine :-) Maybe I can play this game after all!!

PS This is probably a bit of a rabble as I'm half asleep typing this, I'll try and sort it when I'm more awake.

9 Comments:

Blogger Highstack said...

Goooooooooooooooooooo Bazza!

Congrats mate.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're one lucky fekker! You had 10 outs when I got outdrawn with the Jc 8c and given that I was chip small with 10 players left I reckon I did ok to finish 3rd.

I think you'll find that my record as a 'live' player this year ranks with anyone of your stature sonny Jim!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

How could I outdraw you when I was 70% fav when the money went in????

Better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm it.

Oh and I must get out and play "live" more often if the likes of you is making money. Now run along.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

ty HS :-)

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one Bazza, you're on fire with the sats. That "clueless and classless" bubbler is none other than a gentleman by the name of Mark Strahan. I've played live with him many times and online too, you are by no means the first to make this observation!

p.s. Google him for a laugh, he's actually published poker books! ;)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Very well done Bazza. Class achievement. Shame other people dont accept the bubble with the grace that you did night before :)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Cheers for that KP ;-) I know shaa also speaks very highly of him. So long as guys like him are publishing books I know there will be money to be made at this game.

Cheers Gats ;-)

8:54 PM  
Blogger MC Roller said...

Well done Bazza.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fella was a complete baffoon...

I hope to look him up one day as he continually rubbed people down when he got AA for the 5th time at the final table or was it the 6th?

Typing in yeahhhh and get in etc to which there is simply no need if you are to celebrate after outdrawing someone or again picking up AA have a little dignity.

You are a classless clown FACT.

Shaa


Ps... Well done Bazza....

Pss... Is his books called ALL IN? because that was his only move no word of a lie.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home