Friday, July 21, 2006

Thankfully it aint always this tough

From one extreme to the other, past few days I have been running well, today has been a bloody nightmare. I have had to battle, scratch and claw for everything today, nothing came easy, missed every flop, missed every draw, when I had a hand someone had a better one, that kind of stuff, and to top it all off I wasn't playing particularly well. The staggering thing is I still managed to turn in a profit (just), and it could have been even better had i not lost HU in my last 2 sixpaks.

One of the (many) weaknesses in my game in the past was the mental side of the game. I had a propensity to tilt all to easily when things weren't going my way, but I have been trying to eliminate that from my game and so far so good. I know that had I had a day like today a few months back theres no way I'd have been able to turn it round and show a profit, I'd have been throwing good money after bad. Then I'd get up the next day and be pissed off with myself for tilting so I'd go piss some more money away whilst still tilting like a maniac. Controlling these dark forces is one of my main objectives in the coming months. Another is to give each and every game I play my full attention. In the past I'd have games running whilst reading forum, writing emails and chatting on MSN, well I discovered that this guy ain't no good at multitasking, so when I'm playing now I generally only have the poker software running and some music playing.

As for the sixpaks, well I'm still enjoying playing them. I have seen nothing to fear and I know that so long as I bring my "A" game I'll have a lot more winning days than losing days. The pool of players is not that large so ultimately I end up playing against the same players day in day out, so I've been spending a lot of time building up my notes this week, particularly on the "regulars".

Time for some shut-eye as I plan on getting up early to watch some golf in the morning.

Oh and this time next week I'll be in Vegas :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Gl in Vegas, Hope you have a blast

Paul

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in Vegas lad, bring it home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spudy

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home