Thursday, August 02, 2007

New month and a new challenge

Normally I welcome the arrival of a new month however July was pretty kind to me and alas I'm sad to see the back of it. I had a very good month on MTTs which more than made up for a pretty ordinary month on the STTs. I'd been running sickeningly bad on them for the first two weeks but managed to turn it around and show a 5% ROI for the month so won't grumble...too much. I also had a little dabble in NL Cash in the past week or so...which leads me on to my challenge.

I have hardly set eyes on an NL cash table for months, mainly because I did my dough on them due to my propensity to tilt like a lunatic. However nowadays I'm a much more cool, calm, collected and mentally stable individual...so heres hoping those days are behind me lol. For the past few days I've been dipping my foot in the water and playing a little $1/$2 and $2/$4 on Mansion..which went well. However there is a lack of traffic on there at the best of times so I decided to deposit on Full Tilt today, I was however limited to my daily deposit limit of $600 (I tried to get it increased but was told it could take up to a week to get it authorised?!?) plus the shrapnel I had lying in the account. Bit of a pain in the arse but I wasn't planning on 12-tabling (one must learn towalk before one tries to run) so it wasn't a major problem..well it would have been had I done a couple of buyins quickly...thankfully I didn't :).

I started off 3-tabling $1/$2 due to the $$ constraints, but I'm planning on 4-tabling whenever I play (making sure I keep well away from Smart Money :) ). I won't be playing exclusively NL cash I will also be playing STTs and the odd MTT although not at the simultaneously. To be honest I've no idea how many hours/hands I will be able to fit in during the month as I'm a busy man these days. I'm not setting any profit targets, I will however be posting updates of my progress on here in the hope it will keep me focused and be a deterrent to tiltation.

Day 1 went ok and I managed to make $373 from 920 hands but it should really have been double that as I played some hands horribly and made a couple of donkey calls, but we live and learn. Hopefully as the month progresses the mistakes will become fewer and the profit greater :).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you quit on Mansion and how do the two sites compare? - i have not found softer tables than Mansion and have not tried that Full Tilt site for ages.

Good luck with the quest.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Hi ty

Reason I moved was due to the lack of players on Mansion. I logged on yesterday afternoon and there were no 1/2 tables and only one 2/4 table running. Previously I'd only ever played at night where there had been on ave 4 tables running at each level.

To be honest I've not really played enough hands on both to compare but so far I've not noticed any real difference in standard between the two sites.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Smart Money said...

Bazza.

What's your screen name?

Also, if you want me to transfer you some money until you can deposit more then let me know via my blog.

Mike.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home