Sunday, July 22, 2007

Will I ever learn??

Will I fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I've been laid low with what has been diagnosed as tonsilitis (I'm unconvinced mainly due to the lack of a sore throat?!?) I have done very little apart from lie on the couch and watch The Open. On Thursday I decided to back a few outsiders who I thought had a chance at fancy prices. A few of them threstended to get involved but ultimately fell away (Weekley, Edberg and Westwood, also had Daly at 600 who was flying high on Thurs when I went to the docs by the time I got back he was a goner lol). So going into the final day I thought I'd done my money. However Andres Romero decided to get me interested (I'd backed him at 320).

He made an early charge and then I thought he had blown it with a double at 12 but he only goes and hits 4 birdies in a row to go to -9 and two clear. Did I lay off??? Nah that would be too fucking clever. I was at the birds house and she was fannying about on the PC, so by the time I had kicked her off he had hit his tee shot at 17 and his price had drifted...so I waited..and he hits his second OOB. Oh FFS!! He then lipped out for a par on the last to go back to -6. -7 is then good enough for the playoff :-(

Only myself to blame though, should have laid off and had a nice 4figure sum win or lose. I must have lost thousands over the years by not laying bets off but I'll never learn. When I do green up they go on and win and when I don't they lose lol. Maybe I will learn my lesson this time....won't hold my breath. Also backed Dudbridge in the darts and he lost...really should give up sports betting!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger F-Badger said...

join the club my friend join the club!

5:34 PM  
Blogger MC Roller said...

I backed Romero as well and never laid off. :-(

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home